jeLLOw pAgeS,工具。

Tuesday, July 09, 2013

auntie Mei。三。


The little HUAN doesn't associate with the shape of a ring directly this time because I have found something more interesting than the object itself.

前陣子老照片全部被掃瞄進電腦,看著「長輩們的小時候」的照片,有另一種趣味。

這枚小鐶,是從另一邊聯想回來的。

Auntie Mei is my third auntie, my grandma's third daughter, and the sixth child. She is sixty years old (an important age in Chinese culture) this year, and her star signs are Snake (Chinese calendar) and Cancer (Greek Myth). I thought of the numbers and symbols immediately and connected them to each other, then I have got the elements and ideas for the HUAN.


The symbol of Cancer, the symbol of Snake; the star of Cancer, the specific Chinese character of Snake; the image of earth, and the image of mother(land).

外層的♋,是巨蟹座;夾層的月亮,是守護星;
外層的圓,環抱著六個孩子,是地球,也是阿嬤。


9 karat yellow gold: the Cancer; fine silver: the Moon; 18 karat yellow gold: the Earth, and the mother / my grandma.

不同的角度,不同的風景。


The little HUANs, grandma's children.

小鐶系列,是阿嬤的孩子。


No comments:

Post a Comment